OTHM stands for Organisation for Tourism and Hospitality Management (UK). IT is a UK based Awarding Organisation regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). OTHM is a not-for-profit organisation launched in 2003 and so it endeavours to ensure that its Fees are always as affordable as possible without compromising the quality and standards of its qualifications. OTHM is an awarding body, not a university. We work with university partners and approved centres to offer programmes either online or in-country from level 3 (Foundation level), level 4 (Degree Year 1) up to level 7 (Masters level).
It is also a full member of FAB, which is the trade association for vocational awarding bodies in the UK.
It delivers qualifications in below mentioned subjects via its numerous global delivery centres
- Accounting and Finance;
- Business Management;
- Education and Training;
- Health and Social Care Management;
- Human Resource Management;
- Information Technology;
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management;
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Project Management;
- Public Administration;
- Risk Management;
- Strategic Management and Leadership;
- Strategic Marketing and
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
They offer online or inhouse classes for Level 3, Level 4, and Level 7 courses through a network of colleges, universities, and centres
- The Level 3 qualifications improve subject knowledge and study skills, and prepare learners for undergraduate courses at UK universities.It allow learners to gain practical operational training
- The Level 4, 5 and 6 diploma qualifications are equivalent to Year 1, 2 and 3 (Final year) respectively of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree. Each level consists of 120 credits. Completing any of the level 4, 5 and 6 qualifications will enable learners a progression to the next level of higher education at UK universities.Level 4 qualifications allow learners to gain practical operational training.
Level 5 qualifications target individuals for supervisory management responsibility and make them eligible to become an OTHM Associate Member (AOTHM). Level 6 qualifications prepare individuals for management of their chosen industry and make them eligible to become an OTHM Full Member (MOTHM).
- Postgraduate diplomas are taught courses at level 7 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) – the same level as Masters degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full Masters or MBA.Level 7 (Postgraduate) qualification prepares individuals for senior management positions and consultancy work within the industry and make eligible to become OTHM Full Member (MOTHM).
- The diploma courses will help the students to gain practical operational training, which will be applicable everywhere.